Setting up a Multi-state Indicator with a CP2E and NB HMI

jaytacha

Hello all,

I'm coding on a CP2E-N with CX-programmer and trying to get my head around some of the clunkier parts of it, since I'm more familiar with Rockwell gear and Studio5000

I'm trying to set up a multi-state indicator on my HMI (NB model, I have NB designer and the two devices are talking fine) but I'm unable to work out how to set an integer of some description to have states 0, 1 and 2 to trigger a 3-state indicator correctly.

In Rockwell gear, the MOV function is smart and straightforward, but I feel like I'm missing proper syntax here in CX-programmer.

I've been playing with this rung to try and work it out, but haven't been making much progress. What am I missing?

code.png

When you say have not made much progress ? what is happening ? looking at your code you are putting a value of 2 into D0 is it doing that ?
Is the multistate indicator showing the status of the Value what ever that is ?
Not much to go on here, I assume the multistate indicator is something like
0 = "Some Text" or indication
1 = "some other Text" or indication
2 = "System Running"
& so on
Perhaps explain what the actual problem is. As far as I can see you are moving a value into a word & that should display a different message or symbol on the screen is it working or not.