Setting up CP 143 Network Card on Siemens S5 115U

russg

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone can advise me on how to set up this card on the S5. I'm assuming I need to add some special blocks into the CPU to configure it. Does anyone have any basic examples please?

Thanks in advance.

Russ

Btw, it is the 6GK1 143-0AB01 card which is with +15vdc power supply. I could really do with manual to set it up but struggling to find one online.

If you dont have COM143 already, then I think you can forget about it.
Siemens does not sell it anymore.

You should think about how to replace the S5 based system with an uptodate system.
Any effort and expense you put in the old S5 system only gives temporary relief.

If you dont have COM143 already, then I think you can forget about it.
Siemens does not sell it anymore.

You should think about how to replace the S5 based system with an uptodate system.
Any effort and expense you put in the old S5 system only gives temporary relief.

Yes, the plan is to upgrade the whole system, but at the moment they can not do this.

Do you know if both of the plugs at the back of the CP 143 card need to be plugged in? The CPU and rack I've been given online has one plug available at the top?

Do you know if both of the plugs at the back of the CP 143 card need to be plugged in?
Not sure what you mean. The "plugs" on the back are connectors to insert the CP in the backplane. A CP143 can be directly insterted in a 135U or 155U rack. I believe that you need an adapter module to let the CP143 be inserted in a 115U rack.

The CPU and rack I've been given online has one plug available at the top?
I think you are refering to the EPROM memory module slot in the CPU.

Sorry to say this, but I dont think you should tinker with the S5 PLC in this way. You shouldnt be asking such questions. No offense meant.

If you are aiming to get easier programming via ethernet by the CP143, then I suggest you look at this: http://www.ibhsoftec.com/IBH-Link-S5-PP
It is an ethernet adapter that plugs directly onto the programming port of the S5 CPU.
It is quite inexpensive too (399 €).
Since the programming port only works at 9600 baud, the performance isnt enormous, but maybe "good enough" until you replace the whole thing for something newer.

I mean the back bus rail. The CP 143 slots into the top one, but there is a spare plug at the back of the CP 143 card on the bottom. I have no where for this to plug into. i.e there is no bus rail on the bottom of the rail.

When I power on the CPU the run and stop light are on on the CP 143 card. It looks like it just needs configuring?

This is to link a S5 to an S7 via a CP 143 card, so I have to go through this card. I now have some COM 143 files, but unsure if I can use these with IBH S5 for Windows? I do not have the original S5 software.

Yes, it's part of the same project, but i am trying to set up an S5 and S7 on the bench to understand all the data changes. I've found a part of the S5 for Windows that does the COM 143 program, but it's all in German, so I'm slowly working my way around it. I just need to work out how to send a file I have to the CP143 card and I hopefully should be on to the next step.