SEW drives Movidrive & Movitrac B

Done. you need to be careful when you wire your SBus.
Movidrive ----> Movitrac
1 Gnd ----> 3 Gnd
2 SC11 ----> 1 SC11
3 SC12 ----> 2 SC12

Last edited:
I have managed to get the Movidrive to control/monitor a Movitrac via SBus PD.
There is no IPOS program in the Movitrac this time. Unfortunately i cannot upload the files here but publish a screen shot of the Movidrive IPOS code.

There is no IPOS program in the Movitrac this time. Unfortunately i cannot upload the files here but publish a screen shot of the Movidrive IPOS code.
Hi.

Thank you for the information !
I'll try that.

Best regards.

i have to wire a sew movitrac ltp 37kw drive next week. originally in the circuit there was a contactor before a soft starter and an isolator out at the motor (with aux terminal). ideally how should i wire this?. is it ok to have an isolator between the motor and drive?. is it best to have the safety contactor before or after the drive? the sew instructions dont have much depth,
thank you
Bill Foord.

Best to have your safety contactors before the inverter.
You can leave the existing motor isolator where it is as long as it is rated for the motor FLA.

Hello, i have read this thread, and it helped me a lot. my application is very similar, i must control a movidrive and a movitrac with a DOP11B panel. i was wondering, how to decide between using SBus or RS485.

i thought it would be easier to use RS485, but how do i set up DOP panel to connect with movitrac? in the software peripheral config on HMI builder wont let me choose COM1 for both controllers, any tip?

should i have made a new thread for this?
thank you :D

Then how to connect the Movitrac VFD to the Ethernet?

You can use SBus. You need to give each drive a SBus address.
EX: Master-1, Slave A- 2 and Slave B-3 Parameter group 8.
You need FSC11B cards on Movitrac B drives.
Then loop SBus Terminals Between 3 drives. Turn the resistor on two outside drives.
Then you can read or write between the drives using Movilink or Scomm commands.
I have done this many times.
Let me know what you are trying to do with these drives.
Then I can help you further.
I have this F42: Lag Error coming on Sew Movidrive MDX61B. The drive is on the crater...I have tried all remedies from the manual books but the error keeps coming. Anyone with an idea on how to resolve this error?

I have this F42: Lag Error coming on Sew Movidrive MDX61B. The drive is on the crater...I have tried all remedies from the manual books but the error keeps coming. Anyone with an idea on how to resolve this error?

HI

Is this a new system you are working on? You can get F42 Lag error for various reasons. Check whether your encoder is working and counting in the correct direction. Check variable H511 in IPOS assembler for encoder position. Do you get F42 straight away or after it's running.

• If the motor is turning in CW, then the encoder has to count up
  • If you get the error while it's running check the lag error window setting. Parameter 923
  • You can use the Scope to capture what's the drive is doing. Monitor Actual Position H0511,Lag Distance H0495' Actual speed and Set point speed.

Thanks, @Ranjith. when I monitored Variable H511 the actual position was okay. But I discovered that the value in Parameter 923 was small, so I raised it and the Lag Error F042 vanished.