sew movidrive and ipos plus programming

Barry,

I don't have any examples of a one but you should be able to use

'WAITI0'
or
'WAITI1'
You would set up a I/O and referance it, I have only used 'WAITPOS'

I may be wrong but that is my understanding of the difference, you can set a set value of a given timer (constant) with a 'wait' command your value within the IPOS, if you want a variable you would set up a conditional wait ‘WAITI0’ this being a transition from high to low conditions on your given I/O or ‘WAITI1’ this being a transition from low to high.

You would not set "H50" with this, but you would pausing the program at that point, after the condition changed on your variable you would enable you program.

I don't know what a DOP11A-10 panel is, but I am assuming, that you will be able to create a digital I/O with this and that would be your variable.

Hope this helps and that I am not way off base.

Figured it

The DOP11A-10 is a SEW touch panel.

The code is as follows.

#define VariableN H50 //H50 is now called VariableN

VariableN would contain a figure that relates to the required and variable time period ie 2000 = 2 seconds.

#define Timer0 = VariableN //Now setting up Timer at H489 ie Timer 0

while ()
Timer0 {}

//The program will wait till VariableN time is run.

Also applies to timer 1 & timer 2.

Thanx for your reply anyway.

Can someone please explain to me the actual usefulness of IPOS in a SEW movidrive inverter?

What i think i know is that the IPOS is a form of application inside the inverter.

But i dont know if its possible for the inverter to work without it.

ALl replies will be appreciated

Ipos

Can someone please explain to me the actual usefulness of IPOS in a SEW movidrive inverter?

What i think i know is that the IPOS is a form of application inside the inverter.

But i dont know if its possible for the inverter to work without it.

ALl replies will be appreciated

Hi, I hope not too late, I have some experience with Ipos in Movidrive, and these drives can work without iPos, only would work as common Driver, for me it is easier to do everything in the Ipos, if you want I can send programs examples speed control, position or torque.
regards

Hello everyone,

i have some trouble to get the sew movidrive with the encoder to the refeence position after a choc with a steel structure what should i do to get the drive to the reference position ?

Hello everyone,

i have some trouble to get the sew movidrive with the encoder to the refeence position after a choc with a steel structure what should i do to get the drive to the reference position ?
Hello, I'm wanna sure to understand what exactly do you need, do you have a motor with encoder, you can get the exactly position from the shaft motor with variable H511 in Ipos, or if you wanna get position from an shaft after a gear box or som mechanics part, you can use "function module N/D" and get the position in variable H455, please be more specific in order to help you.
Regards
Jorge

issue with référence position

ok to be clear this is the configuration we have , so in the attachment you can see the config we have , first we have tow motor + encoders +gears , second the tow motors have master / slave relation , the are also related to the plc as you can see . the problem i have is after an accident of the heads caused by a non functioning limit switch so the motor did loose the reference position so i can only drive the motor in one direction the other is not possible . thank youfor your time

DSC_0255[1].jpg

DSC_0257.jpg

DSC_0258.jpg

DSC_0259.jpg

Hello,
If you have both motor with encoder, you can get the position exactly of you final shaft, the limit switch should be used in order to calibrate home position, once calibration is used only for safety issues, you can work with control positions, torque control, control speed or three of them, but taking care the position in parameter H511 in motor with rotation CW and CCW, with main motor that has only CW rotation, you can use the function module if is necessary.
First, you need both Movidrives connected by Sbus, in order share positions like an master/slave relation ship.
Second, In parameters you have to enable
Parameter.
960 Function Module -CW or CCW
961 Modulo Numerator - XXXXX
962 Modulo Demonimator - XXXXX

those parameters 961 and 962, is according your gearbox ratio, P961/P962= i (Ratio to your Gearbox) but exactly, you can get it from your sales SEW, or numbers of teeth gearbox inside.

You should make a program in Ipos in order to calibrate and once after that it can work per weeks and months without calibration and witout lost positions.

Additional questions, who controlled the position now?, how is the connection with PLC and Movidrive, (Analog?, by Bus?).
Are you able to make Ipos program? you can use it in your PLC if you have Bus connection between PLC and Movidrive, but I prefer use only movidrive.
I already made programs like that,so If you want I can send you some examples.
Read about this manual
http://download.sew-eurodrive.com/download/pdf/11320419.pdf
Regards

movi1.png