sfc ladder logic rslogix 500 help

edwardel22

Working with a program that was done in germany, finally got it translated in english. Found out what the program was doing and narrowed it down to where program has some problems. The machine run 4 sizes of part (type1 d06, type2 d08, type3 d10, and type4 d12). In the process the part run on a pallet with four spaces in the first & third slots type 2, and type 4 go. and in slot two and four only type 1 and 3 can go. The problem im having is that in the program type 1 & 3 work right, but type 2 and 4 fails the parts. i want type 2 and 4 to work the same way as 1 & 3.

Ive narrowed it down to these bits: B3/138,B3/139,B3/140,B3/141 which are the bits to select the different types. i was hoping some one would see something i couldnt and hele me out.

Hi edwardel22,

First (if I'm following the program correctly), you will have to know which fault bit is being set B3:178 or B3:179. Then watch your inputs I:3.0/2 thru I:3.0/9 and determine which input or inputs are causing your fault. File 24 rungs 0 & 1 would be the place to start.

The faults are not what is really causing the problem. they just check to make sure the right tooing is put on that station. what im having a problem with is that in file 24 on rungs 7,8,24, and 25. the program works right for type 1 and 3, but not for type 2 and 4 and this is the only location where they are or'ed to make me think this is where the problem is occuring.