SHRB (shift bit) TI505

karivelm

I am using the SHRB instruction to shift bits with TISOFT. I was wondering if it is possible to set bits (by an interface) that are used by this function.

Example I reset the function & then I want to set 3 bits to 1 and continue using the SHRB function. Is it possible ?

There is no reason why you can't set/clear bits within the scope of the shift register. The SHRB instruction has no memory of what it has done after each clock pulse, so further manipulation of bits does not cause any problems. Provided you know which bits you want to set manually, carry on and they should be moved through the register just like any others.

Ken

SHRB manual bit set

Lets say I have bit3 (0), bit2(0), bit1(0) which are used in my SHRB function

For a reason I want to set bit2(1) for the next shift bit. So I set it using the following function. SET C

When it has power flow, a SET C coil sets a specified bit to one. Otherwise,the bit remains unchanged. When it has power flow, a RST (Reset) C coil clears a specified bit to zero. Otherwise, the bit remains unchanged.
Will bit2 remain set even after the SHRB has been executed, note bit1(0) before SHRB ?