siemens CHANNEL RELATED DIAGNOSTICS

darkest_shade

hell-o
icon10.gif
its me again!!!!

i was wondering if some one can disipate some doubts i have.

made some tests with the sfc13 and can read the:
Station Status
Module Diagnostics
and etcetera....

also can read the CHANNEL RELATED DIAGNOSTICS(3 bytes each)
unfourtanetly cant make more test cuse plc´s and rios were sent to the plant for instalation.

one of my doubts is if this table(CHANNEL RELATED DIAGNOSTICS) is a kind of buffer (lifo or fifo) or a 3-byte group that i can always take the values from the same place.???

i wanna use byte 1 ( 0-5 ) for module
byte 2 ( 0-5 ) for channel
byte 3 ( 0-4 ) error type

im using a cpu 417-4h and a im153-2-2ba00 chanel related begins in byte 16.

i dont wanna use sfc 125 at least for this project... maybe latter cuse i heard is a good block. but all i need is display what module and channel (if any) are faulty

best regards ROGER

Get the ET200M manual from siemens.com and use SFC13. All is explained in the manual in tables.
You need to read SFC13 in case of a call of OB82/OB86 and maybe at PLC startup.
But, I would prefer to use OB82/OB86 only to get the failure of the IO card. For analog inputs use the out of range values from the analog input card and create your own channel errors. (depends on type input used, mA,V). Easier to use, and with the possibility to delay a few ms. In case the channel related errors are enabled in the hardware config, you get a red sf led for everything.
Switch the channel related errors off in the hardware config, incase you make your own out of range.
Regards,

thanx for your reply. ive alrready read the manual, and im wondering in some program useful for descifre the bytes codes.

my doubt now is ... always the 3 bytes are for the same channelss???