Siemens CP-5434-FMS Firmware

JoshCain

I am slowly in the process converting our two plants Ti-505's from Profibus FMS to Ethernet. Currently I have found out through mostly trial and error our Wonderware system will cause the CP5434-FMS cards to go into a fault if ~ 30 message polls is exceeded. This seems to only be affected on the cards with version 1.0 firmware. I have found some other cards in the system with firmware 1.1A2 and configured them for the same base that was having a problem and it resolved the problem. I cannot find any documentation to support this and the configuration utility COM5434 doesn't seem to have a firmware upgrade utility.

My question is does anyone know if the firmware can be pulled from one card to be flashed onto another?

I tried to find some info on Siemens Support. I could only find broken links !
I think the fix is to do the migration to Ethernet as soon as possible.

You can find the Siemens CP-5434-FMS on ebay, so maybe you could get one with the required firmware that way.
But I wouldnt sink too much money or effort into Profibus FMS.