Siemens CPU3152PN/DP connection to Simatic PC station

kolii11

I having a problem to connect my CPU 315 2PN/DP to a Siemens EX panel PC. The problem is i used to use the ethernet port to connect to a SimaticNET (Cp 343 lean) card , but now i have to remove the ethernet link and found an alternative connection between the CPU and the Siemens Panel PC. The problem the Panel PC has only one ethernet, and 2 coms port supporting rs 422,485 and 232. Please help me to find the best solution.

Ish

The problem is The panel pc has only one ethernet port, and i had to use it to communicate to a server , therefore i have no spare ethernet connection left. Can not use Switch as the network not allow me to connect PLC to it.( customer request )

Then add another ethernet card to the PC.

If that is not possible, then connect the PC to a Router so that the customer can separate the two networks.
Like this:
Customer LAN --- [Router port w DHCP / Router port w fix IP] --- PC and 315-2PN/DP.

You write that it is a Siemens Panel PC. Exactly which one ? Most Siemens Panel PCs have an onboard MPI/DP port.

If that is not the case, then you can add a CP5711 USB to MPI/DP converter. The CP5711 can be integrated in a Siemens "PC Station". The regular USB PC Adapter cannot.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

And that was my post # 10000 !
Lets see what happens.
Do I get a reward .... or do I crash PLCTALKs server ??

Thanks
The Panel PC is a Simatic HMI EX Panel PC ET-456.
No MPI/DP just 2 serial ( 422,485,232 ) and 2 USB
Actually no ports just screw terminals.
So a USB MPI converter (CP5711) will do the trick?
I will try the Router again (ask Customer ), last time they refused it.
I was looking at my Step7 and found the CP5711 there but i never used it. Is it easy to integrate?
Ish.
I use Siemens rarely i use Rockwell, that is why i sound "Stupid"

The CP5711 is no problem to integrate into a "PC Station".

But since you use an EX rated panel PC, I dont know if the CP5711 or any other device that are EX rated. It may be impossible to achieve what you need. I would INSIST on the router solution.

I used a purged cabinet system therefore if the CP5711 has a lead of at least 20cm then i can move it to the purged side of the cabinet.
The device (CP 5711 has to be in the Purge side).
Alternatively i can use USB extension cable.

Thanks for your help anyway.
Ish