Siemens CPU318-2 / CP3431-Lean issues

benmccormick

Hi guys,

Hoping someone can help me get this working.

We are trying to add a CP343-1 Lean card to an existing CPU318-2 setup (Simply to connect remotely via Ethernet).

The current setup has 1 HMI using the built-in MPI port & 2 VFD's using the built-in Profibus-DP port.

Adding & using the new card is actually working fine, but it seems to have broken the Profibus? The 2 drives are now not appearing online & the CPU is in fault due to trying to send/receive messages to the nodes it cannot find.

Going through settings at both the drives & PLC, nothing seems to be lost.

The only thing I can see that might be something is that the new Lean card has configured itself with the same diagnostic addresses as the VFD's (1021 & 1022). But it won't let me change these to anything else...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
A screenshot attached for some reference (note it appears the DP port on the CPU is greyed out, however double-clicking the DP port, it says it is OK & ready).

Thanks

Capture.PNG

Hi sigmadelta,
Thanks for your reply,
I did not save & compile - I am not very familiar with Siemens.

I tried doing so but it did not fix the issue. This may be because I already downloaded an uncompiled version though?
I am on my way out to try putting the original project back in, make the changes, save & compile & then download and see how that goes.

It is a CP343-1 Lean 6GK7343-1CX10-0XE0 V3.1.

The only difference between "Save" and "Save & Compile" is that "Save & Compile" regenerates the object called "System Data" in the blocks folder of your STEP 7 project.

If you were to only "Save" then download the HW Config, the next time you download the entire Blocks folder to your CPU (including this "System Data") it would revert to the previous HW Config stored in System Data. That's why I recommend Save & Compile when making HW changes.

What I meant by
Post the module information of the CP343-1 Lean.
, is to take a screen shot of the module information of the Ethernet module, like you did for the CPU.

Sorry mate,

I put a backup in and was trying to download the changes again but now I am getting a message saying the memory is not sufficient... But it is only the same changes I had in the processor only minutes ago... Is there a way to remove data footprints?

Again, sorry, very green when it comes to Siemens.

Thanks.