Siemens HMIs language

JasonWade

Hi and thanks in advance for your help.

I have a Siemens TP700 and with 2 sets language texts. I need it to remember the selected language after a power cycle. It mus be a simple thing (I hope) but I cant find the setting.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Hi and thanks in advance for your help.

I have a Siemens TP700 and with 2 sets language texts. I need it to remember the selected language after a power cycle. It mus be a simple thing (I hope) but I cant find the setting.

Does anyone know how to do this?
I usually select the language that I want the HMI to power up with.(I mean the desired langauag is displayed on the HMI).
Then perform a last download to the unit.
After that, when power is re-applied to the HMI it will boot up with the (selected) last language settings.

Last edited:
Hi and thanks for quick reply.
I assume you mean you put the 'default' language at the top of the list, then the HMI always boots with this language?
However I want the HMI to 'remember' the language that was active when power was removed, and boot up with this language.
If the HMI can't do this by itself, maybe there's a way to have the PLC 'remember' the selection and tell the HMI to adopt it?
I can't be the first person that wanted this functionality, can I?

Hi and thanks for quick reply.
I assume you mean you put the 'default' language at the top of the list, then the HMI always boots with this language?
However I want the HMI to 'remember' the language that was active when power was removed, and boot up with this language.
If the HMI can't do this by itself, maybe there's a way to have the PLC 'remember' the selection and tell the HMI to adopt it?
I can't be the first person that wanted this functionality, can I?
I assume you may need to read/write the spcific bit that toggles the HMI from the PLC.
Then it can be done via code.
Never had to do it though.
Yes, I meant the power up to a spcific languag and not the "last" selected language, sorry for the confusion.

You can also use a script.
Syntax: SetLanguage(Language)
the (Language) is an index and will switch to the desired language once the script runs.
(0) or (1), etc.
You will need a memory location in the PLC to remember the last Language and on power up it will trigger the script.
I'm sure someone else will chime in with an easier solution.