Siemens Multiple HMIs

JasonWade

Hi

Does anyone know a neat way to allow multiple (x6) identical looking HMIs (TP700) to talk to one PLC (315-2dp/pn). Although they all look identical, each one controls a different section of the machine.

I am trying to avoid having 6x HMIs in TIA portal all with slightly different tags, and then having to edit 6 times to make one change.

At the PLC end I was thinking to have a data type 'HMI' and declare an array of 6 of these.

Thanks

In the absence of a better way I am trying to use internal tags for all the buttons/fields on the hmi, then multiplex these tags to the arrays of plc tags.
Im hitting a problem with pushbuttons though. When I try to use a multiplexed internal tag in the pushbutton events I get 'This value is invalid'
Does anyone know why?