Siemens ITC2200 displays

DLMUK

Hi,

Has anyone ever used one of the Siemens Industrial Thin Clients before?

What I would like to do with it is:

S7-1200 PLC and 9" HMI at a local station
ITC2200 at a remote viewing point (about 150m away)

Am I correct in thinking that the ITC2200 can be configured to mirror the HMI screen?

Also, is 150m a suitable distance? I can install a switch if needs be.

Cheers,

It sounds like that setup should work. You will probably need the network switch you mentioned, because Ethernet cables are designed for a max length of about 100m.

You may also need a license for the HMI, to be able to view it remotely. If it is a Siemens HMI, then you will need the Sm@rtService license, or something like that. I haven't needed it in a while. If I recall, the HMI and Thin Client will always be on the same screen, and the HMI can only be operated at one location at a time, either the local HMI or the remote thin client. Being active on one locks the other out.