Siemens KTP400 HMI Recipe Flicker

timryder

Hey Guys,

This one is driving me crazy. Has anyone ever encountered this before? I have a KTP400 HMI from siemens and i'm connected to a 315-2 DP/PN processor over profinet. There is the built in recipe function and when I keep changing from one recipe another there is this flicker I can't get rid of except by hitting the Save button which makes no sense. Has anyone ever see this and how can I fix it?

Here is a link to a .mp4 file which is a video screen capture of the strange behavior. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

http://www.cmt-engineering.com/HMI_Flicker.mp4

Thanks

BTW TIA Portal WinCC v13 Basic.

I've never seen that before. I'd definitely recommend talking to Siemens tech support about that (800-333-7421). There are a number of different combinations of recipe settings, and I think I almost never pick the right one.

I havent had that exact issue before, but a few times on my last machine during a download (to HMI) something weird would happen where buttons on screen would activate some random thing. Or field messages would turn blue and then flicker black. Talked with Siemens and they recommended a FULL Re-Compile. Simply right click your HMI in Portal and press Compile -> Compile All. After that finishes re download.

I'm not sure if this will help you but it saved me!