Siemens KTP400 Basic HMI Date/Time field

Puddle

I have a project where I've decided to put in a facility to change the PLC time and date through the HMI, as there's no network connection at the installation location.

My date/time edit is pretty much the same as in this document:
https://instrumentacionycontrol.net...9182145_S7-1200_HMI_time_sync_HowTo_e-min.pdf

It works great, except it will not allow me to input a date at all. Whatever I put in, the field turns into ##### and then goes back to zero (1970 for date/time, 1990 for just date).

I've tried splitting off to use seperate fields for time and date and found the time is accepted. I've tried using I/O fields to input the year, month and day seperately and this doesn't work either. I've tried every variety of dd.mm.yyyy that I can think of (HMI language setting is d/m/yyyy) and I've created a new DTL tag that's not assigned anywhere in the project.

Same result using I/O fields and date/time fields. Always using input/output setting.

I’ve not actually checked that. I can write the time so I would have thought it’s writeable, but I’m starting to think this sceeen just doesn’t like me.