Siemens OB100 Moves

DLMUK

Hi,

I am trying to get the status of an RS232 Port_Config_DB to move into my program. However however I try to configure this, the values don't move.

I have my port config DB on one rung of my ladder, the "DONE" output of this I have tried linking in multiple ways to another Datablock in my program. Image attached, showing two ways I have tried but neither work.

I know it works, because my RS232 port is running and I can receive data, but I want to save the status.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

IMG - https://www.dropbox.com/s/rmew21b8wke59q3/OB100.png?dl=0

Thanks - not sure I follow though. How would this move the done and status values into another datablock within the PLC?

I want to be able to move the value of done changing from 0 to 1 and the status word into another DB so these can be displayed on a HMI.

I would put this is a regular OB and trigger it with a srattup flag. I suspect that the port config takea more then one cycle to complete and therefore you cant move the status since the OB is only run once at startup

I would put this is a regular OB and trigger it with a srattup flag. I suspect that the port config takea more then one cycle to complete and therefore you cant move the status since the OB is only run once at startup

Program execution will not start until startup OB is completed.