siemens op17 upload

millsy

Help!! When trying to upload the programme from an op17 v1.03 onto my field pg via prosave v7.4 i get the message "could not open the file". I have the correct comms cable, the op is in transfer mode, and the communication is good.
Does anyone have any idea what the problem might be?

How do you know that the communication is good ?
You are connected to IF2 ?

If you have a similar OP17 (*), you could check both PC and cable by attempting a download of a sample program.

*: I am guessing you have, since the image uploaded with Prosave is only good for downloading to another OP17.

I remember getting stuck on this in the US a while ago.

If all your comms are good, and it is communicating with the panel, a backtransfer can only be performed when:

1) The original upload via WinCC Flex contained the back transfer information (the *.pdz file) which is created during the upload provided the "Enable back-transfer" check-box is checked.

2) The panel has a memory card inserted whereupon the compressed project file is created.

If either of these haven't occurred, you won't be able to perform a back-transfer and you will need the original project.

See the following links:

http://support.automation.siemens.c...objaction=csview&extranet=standard&viewreg=WW

http://cache.automation.siemens.com...3_FAQ/21907703_Back_transfer_desciption_e.pdf

Hi Jesper, yes i am connected to IF2, and i know the comms is good as the graphics on prosave show a comms link connection.

i have already downloaded a test programme to a second op17, and only receive the message "could not open the file" when trying to upload back to the pc.

This is the same also for the op17 located on a production line that i need to upload from.

I appreciate your help

Thanks

Boswellw, Thanks for your input, unfortunatly i do not have a copy of the origanal programme, as the person who wrote it,decided to delete most programmes before he left the company, (nice chap) I do however have a copy of the simatic plc programme associated with the op in question, can any backups be done from this?

Jesper, i have both, prosave 7.4, and pro tool v6.0 sp3, when using pro tool i can not establish a connection, but i can with prosave, very odd.
The comms lead that i purchased is a 6xv1440-2kh32

The OP17 did not support the function to store the entire project on the panel. Therefore you cannot perform an upload to Protool.

You can perform an upload to Prosave. But the uploaded file is an image that can only be restored onto an exactly similar OP17. You cannot modify the uploaded image.

That is exactly all i want to do Jesper, but i still get this "could not open file" issue when upload to prosave starts. These things are sent to try us!!

Very interesting, i have just changed the device type on prosave to op7, the transfer then worked successfully. now even more confused!!

Also when i then go to download the programme back to the op, i have to change the device type back to op17 in prosave. very odd

Last edited:
Hello, could you help me please.
how can I switch OP panel to basic screen.
I need to set contrast, (I know SHIFT and +/-) button but if I turn off my panel the setting dont save. I would like to try to set it in system settings but I dont know how to get there.

OP17.jpg