Siemens Protool v6 SP2

control_logic

To all the Siemens HMI Guru's:

I have received the above software from the OEM of some equipment at my plant. I am able to open most of the files for my panels, however, I am not able to open the PC 670's and the message says to check the protool.ini file and to check the .dll's. I have done that, and all appears to be correct, but the pc panel series doesn't show up. Any ideas?

Check your version of Protool (there are 3), you will need "Pro" to open a PC project.

I would make a new project and then try and select PC670, if it isnt in the list - you need a upgrade.
670.JPG

Again - depends on version, WinCC Flexible "advanced" is the version needed for PC's and will program any current Simatic HMI.

can be a steep learning curve though