Siemens / Rockwell - Best Softwares for Field Start-Ups

Codorna

Hello everyone,

I've been doing projects with Siemens and Rockwell PLC's for a couple of years now, and some softwares really helped me alot in the field.

As example:

Rockwell CCW: For inverters and devices, really helps with configurations.
Siemens Proneta: Amazing software for comissioning of networks and configuration of devices, as well as IO tests.

So i've been wondering, what are some softwares you use and/or recommend for everyone that as made your life easier?

Thank you all, and have a good day.

Welcome to the forum.

this is not an easy question to answer.
there are dozens of plc brands, may members use multiple brands.
i am familiar most with allen bradley, then omron and mitsubishi.
the key thing is what is most popular in your area. in the US, its mostly allen bradley, but i am seeing more companies goto siemens. also, what is the company standard. i know of a company that was all ge, they hired two engineers that only knew allen bradley and ordered equipment that way. long story short, corporate was not happy. So you have to go with company standards.
james

I'm most interested in Allen Bradley and Siemens software, as of right now these are the brands i'm using and will be using mostly them for years to come.

PRONETA has been so good for me that i just want to know if there are softwares that simplify commisioning as much as it does.

Have a VM for Logix 5K, another for Studio 5K, split again to solve incompatibles'. Have a VM for Siemens. Commissioning control systems for AB and Siemens can be made easier with third-party tools, depending on what networks you are using and the integration of third-party hardware.

I'm working with Profinet at the moment.

S7-1500 PLC with ET200SP, as well as a couple of SMC's for valve control, also in Profinet.
PRONETA helped alot with commisioning these devices.

Usually with Allen Bradley i work with PowerFlex inverters and ControlLogix and CompactLogix PLC's, so CCW helps alot.

Also, i have been working lately with alot of Burkert valves, so some commisioning software might help me a bit.