Siemens RTO timer

Pandiani

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi, how to make timer in Step7 to behave like RTO timer in AB?
In AB RTO is working while iput is 1. When input is 0 RTO stops and again when input is 1 it continue working from existing value until it reaches preset value. There is retentive on delay in Step7 but it continue to work if input is changed from 1 to 0.
For example timer is supposed to timing 10 sec. If input is stopped (1 -> 0) at 5th sec. timer will retain current value, and when input change from 0 to 1 it will continue working from that value (5) to the end (10 s).
Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Last edited:
Pandiani

If you use the standard on delay timer, this should behave the way you want it to.

To start the timer, the start input has to change from 0 to 1, if the start input is then changed back to 0, the timer stops but the time remaining is retained. When the start signal is then changed back to 1 the timer continues from where it left off.

Just remember that these timers count down not up.

Paul

Hello Pandiani;

If you open the "TI-S7 converting blocks" library (in the Step7 programming editor) you will find all sorts of interesting (non-Siemens type) blocks: drums, decoding blocks, table move instructions...
In your case, you might be interested in FC80 in that library; it is named TONR (timer retentive), and it seems to do exactly what you want. Just insert it in a cyclic OB (OB1 comes to mind) in your S7-300 program. If you already have a FC80 defined, you can rename it without problem.
Look up details in the online help, or on the TI-S7 conversion PDF file included in the Step7 documentation.
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

Well, it's not behaving like that.
When input signal change from 1 to 0. timer stop but whe it changes back from 0 to 1 timer start counting from 10 sec (reset itself).