Siemens S110 & Torque Mode

Mike_RH

Lifetime Supporting Member
Afternoon all.
Todays question (And yes we've looked through the manuals)is a multipart:
Using a S110 on Profinet:

I want to use the drive in Torque mode with the analog input as the SP.

I also want to be able to switch to Traversing mode based on a PN input from the PLC.

Is this possible? What parameters need dealing with?

I have put in a call to Siemens Tech support, but thought I would through the question out to the group while waiting.

Thanks

I've used S120 and switched between torque/speed control via a PLC control bit. Example logic shown below. I haven't used the S110 so it may not have the same block diagrams.

s110.jpg

LD,
Thanks for the reply, we know we can do it with a S120. We're hoping for a S110 solution. We're having trouble even figuring out how to use the analog for the torque SP.

Thanks again,

Nope not yet, we heard back from Tech support, but have not yet been successful in getting the electrons to do our bidding!