Siemens S210 download parameters From tia Portal program

stu

Hi guys
I have a machine with several s210 converters which has the parameters stored on the plc Tia program
Has anyone got a step by step instructions on how to download the parameters to a new drive? Via tia Portal program
The drive Automatically finds its ip addresses?
Any ideas thanks

Stu
To download to a new S210 the new S210 has to have firmware 5.2
Then using Startdrive, connect and assign the IP. (I do the pn name too)
Use the PN ports at the bottom. Not the one at the very top
That’s about the gist of it.
Try that and let us know

Hi in the existing program the drives are in the tree
And you can go online diagnostics, parameters ect I’ve been told that the parameters can be downloaded from the program and the IP address is assigned via topology?

Just a though if I highlighted the converter and go online with the go online tab in the tool bar at the top of the screen - will it prompted me to load settings and download??

Thanks stu

Just a though if I highlighted the converter and go online with the go online tab in the tool bar at the top of the screen - will it prompted me to load settings and download??

I've never seen that... typically, you have to intentionally download by highlighting the top level of the S210 drive in the project tree, and click the download icon. This will download everything from your project to the drive.

Try doing a screenshot with the Snipping Tool program by clicking "New" and drawing a rectangle around what you want to show, then save the file as a png or jpg, then upload it.

How to use the Snipping Tool

Last edited: