Siemens S314

Rs5212

I have established an online connection to a machine using an S314 processor.
I am using an mpi connector and simatic manager.
The online connection only displays the blocks which I can get online to and also monitor,it does not display the cpu.
I do not have an offline copy of the original program. Can I create an offline copy of the online program which would give me connectivity?
I tried doing this by creating a new project and copying and pasting the online blocks into it,but it would not establish an online connection.

Create a new empty project, then use the function "upload station to PG"
I tried that and everything appears to be what I have but when I try to go online it gives me a message saying that it could not establish communications, this is despite the fact that I have already established communications via my mpi pathway.

In that dialog that says it cannot establish a connection, is there a button with 'more..' or 'info' or something like that ?
Siemens sometimes hides the specific information behind an additional step.

Are you sure that the upload was succesful ?
Is there a folder with the hardware configuration ?

Post some screenshots.

In that dialog that says it cannot establish a connection, is there a button with 'more..' or 'info' or something like that ?
Siemens sometimes hides the specific information behind an additional step.

Are you sure that the upload was succesful ?
Is there a folder with the hardware configuration ?

Post some screenshots.
The first two screenshots are of the plc I can communicate with. The next three are the project I created. When I try to go online it gives me the error message.When I close the box it then looks as if its online but does not allow me to open up the blocks for monitoring. I am sure I am missing something but do not know what it is.

Attachments

• Screenshot 1.png
    Screenshot 1.png
    74.4 KB · Views: 26
  • Screenshot 3.png
    Screenshot 3.png
    77.3 KB · Views: 23
  • Screenshot 5.png
    Screenshot 5.png
    87.9 KB · Views: 25
  • Screenshot 6.png
    Screenshot 6.png
    118.7 KB · Views: 23
  • Screenshot 7.png
    Screenshot 7.png
    72.6 KB · Views: 29
There does not seem to be any problems with the uploaded hardware configuration.
If you open a program block from the offline folder, and click on the online glasses, does it not show the block online ?

There does not seem to be any problems with the uploaded hardware configuration.
If you open a program block from the offline folder, and click on the online glasses, does it not show the block online ?
When I try to do this it says it cannot establish a connection but then it reverts back to the screen showing in screenshot 7 , which tells me it is online. I think the file is held in a memory card and the mpi connection is thru a profibus adapter. In screenshot 1 it shows accessible nodes/mpi direct/blocks but there is no cpu in this tree. I can go online to the blocks thru this connection but my offline program will not allow me to view the blocks online.

In screenshot 1 it shows accessible nodes/mpi direct/blocks but there is no cpu in this tree
That is normal.

I notice in the 1st screenshot that there are a lot of passive MPI stations. Have never seen that before. Not sure if it is related to the problem.

I can go online to the blocks thru this connection but my offline program will not allow me to view the blocks online.
Not sure what goes wrong.
STEP7 looks at the selected PG/PC interface, and at the ports on the CPU in the hardware configuration. If it can find a match, i.e. PG/PC interface is set to an MPI interface, and there is an MPI port on the CPU, it will attempt to go online that way.
You can try to go online via the DP port.

Actually, the problem may be that the PLC has run out of connection resources if all of the passive MPI stations are HMIs.
If it is allowable to do so, you can remove the MPI connector with all the passive stations, and connect you PC Adapter directly. See if it makes a difference.

Actually, the problem may be that the PLC has run out of connection resources if all of the passive MPI stations are HMIs.
If it is allowable to do so, you can remove the MPI connector with all the passive stations, and connect you PC Adapter directly. See if it makes a difference.
I was going to try removing the profibus adaptors from the plc and go direct but instead I removed the 232 connection from one of the adaptors and was then able to go online with my offline program. This connection is now redundant anyway so I will use this in future, I can only assume the other port is not configured or as you say has to many connections. Thankyou for your help,sometimes you need guidance to get you thinking about your issues,leading to a resolution.

Not exactly sure what you did. There are no RS232 connections. Only MPI or DP which are both RS485.
Maybe you mean that there was a cable connected to a piggyback port on one of the MPI or DP connectors, and that solved it.

Not exactly sure what you did. There are no RS232 connections. Only MPI or DP which are both RS485.
Maybe you mean that there was a cable connected to a piggyback port on one of the MPI or DP connectors, and that solved it.
Yes I connected to the other piggyback port on the profibus adapter and was able to go online with my new offline project. Thankyou for your guidance.