Siemens S5-Weekend Puzzel

BNA

Hi

Does anyone know how to convert DEC to HEX in Siemens Step 5.

I have to convert at DEC value(1-20) from a panel to HEX (Or BCD) the value is for a counter.

Regards
Brian

I think there is a Siemens FB for performing the conversion, otherwise, as you have a very limited range of numbers to convert, you could just do twenty comparisons to produce BCD from decimal.

There is an Fb to do this conversion, but it is not a part of the standart software, you have to buy all FB's.

This conversion is just to test if the machine can handel up to 20 layers, no one knows if it ever is going to be used.

I tried to make a simple conversion and just move a new value down to the counter, but for some reason only the highest value is written into the timer, and not the one I write ???????

If your CPU is a 135/150/155U then you could use BDW (16 bit fixed point to BCD).

I'ts a supplementary op so it's only valid in a FB.