Siemens s7-1200 Program Extraction

PLC: s7-1214C dc/dc/rly
Firmware: v4.2.2
TIA Portal Project Version: v13

The machine was provided by the manufacturer but does not work as intended.

Have to update logic.

Contacted Siemens Support: TIA v13 supports PLC firmware v4.1, so can not upload the program/hardware configuration. :sick:

I can get online with the PLC can check the logic online, but just can not upload anything from that plc. 🔨

Has anyone before tried extracting the plc program from the SD card directly? 🤞🏻

Please share any experience or insight on this. 👨🏻‍🏫

Thank you 🍻

What is that list you have in bold on top. That can not be what is on the PLC, as siemens noted.

Does the PLC have an SD card? If yes, then the program maybe on it if not then buying and SD card is expensive and to my knowledge it can be used only transfer from the card to the PLC not the other way around, not 100% sure.

Best is to find out what is there and have that to work with. Download a trial version of Simatic Automation Tool and backup the program and find out which firmware it actually is. When you plug in with whichever version you have now, find out what TIA version is loaded and download a trial version of that. Make sure to differentiate between 15 and 15.1 as they are not the same when it comes ot download and upload.