Siemens S7 200 programming interface

Willy Maas

Hi all,

I'm desperate, confused, and it's late at night.

I forgot how to go online to a S7-200 with my Siemens field PG.

Which protocol do i select, and can i use the same cable i use to go online to a S7-300, that is, the MPI cable.. and do i plug it in the MPI port of my field PG.

I know this is a dumb question, so feel free to give me a dumb answer, it's just that i normally use S7-300. It's now 3 o'clock in the morning in Holland and i need to install an application in a couple of hours time.

Thanks,

Willy Maas

Before all else, you must select proper communication adjust.To do this,you must go to project tree in the microwin.

s7-2.JPG

You can not use the MPI cable that is RS485 for S7-200 , you must use PC/PPI cable.

I disagree. I use my MPI S7300 lead for talking to S7200's. I also use the PPI lead and just toggle the drivers in the PG/PC interface. Works for me.....:nodi:

PPI_PC.jpg

It was a long time ago, but i think i had to flash the firmware on the MPI lead??

Hope this helps!

my teeth heart from eating s7-200 plc's!

Use ppi for first download on a new s7-200 plc, then continue with mpi (or ppi).

for ppi communication use the following settings:
interface: pc/ppi cable (com1 or com2)
protocol: ppi
mode: 11-bit
baud rate: 19.2 kbps (for older plc's 9.6)
pg address: 0
plc address: 2

for mpi communication use the following settings:
interface: cp5611
protocol: mpi
mode: 11-bit
baud rate: 19.2 kbps
pg address: 0
plc address: 2
pg/pc the only master