Siemens S7-300 Bus Fault

Yes, put in some OB, don't remember what OB number you need (ob86?) but you can find it in the manual.

As always:
When you have a fault in an S7 PLC, you must investigate the diagnostics buffer. The diagnostics buffer will tell you why the PLC has faulted, and what error OBs that was attempted to call in order to avoid the CPU going into STOP.

A tip: In stead of just mindlessly copying an empty OBxx into the program, add some alarm code to the error OB to warn the operator that something is wrong.

I think it's OB86 for bus errors but as Jesper said it is important to try and find out why the PLC had a bus error. The diagnostic buffer will be the starting point. It could be a bad connection somewhere or a poor earth etc... ;-)

Similar Topics

Dear Superiors,📚:wizard: I'm new for s7-300 and yaskawa v1000 drives communication via profibus. My aim is to find how to run the drive or...
Replies
Views
Hey guys! Im using step7 v5.6. I have s7-300 on my desk, connected to vacon v20 i installed the opte5 card in the v20. So now im trying to...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Got a client who has requested a SCADA system for downtime tracking and so on. Right now, they want to implement it as a standalone...
Replies
Views
Hello Guys, I have s7-315-2 PN/DP with integrated DP. I have no CP module. PLC should be DP master. ON other side there is basler device DECS250...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, Tomorrow I'm heading down to take a look at an existing SCADA system that has failed, and I was wondering if anyone had some suggestions...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom