Siemens S7 Profibus to modbus RTU gateway

cjd1965

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi
I have been asked to investigate a means of getting data from a Siemens S7 315-2dp to modbus RTU. Basically the existing BMS system will accept modbus rtu and will only READ data from a datablock within the PLC.

I notice Siemens do a card and i would have to also buy the modbus driver from siemens.

I also notice many gateway products, anybus etc.

Does anyone have experience of these gateways, and are they less hassle than the siemens own card (341?)

I am interested in opinions and recommendations

Cheers

Similar Topics

I'm just trying to figure out the right method of adding a DO card to an existing rack. It's not the *next* open slot, but I have to move the AO...
Replies
Views
Kindly, we are trying to go online on an S7-300 plc, with profibus communication, using a CP5711 adapter. But when we open the Ladder and press...
Replies
Views
I'm trying to figure out how to read the actual speed reference value from the move blocks, writing to a DB that is being sent to the VFD. For...
Replies
Views
I have a piece of equipment with control split between two PLCs. A quantum 434, and a Siemens S7-300, communicating via profibus. I have a prosoft...
Replies
Views
Dose anyone have experience with Beckhoff FC3121 profibus master PCIe card connected to Siemens CP342-5 as a profibus slave? The data retrieved...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom