Siemens Safety - Module reintegration

swedeleaner

Hi!
Doing a lab project with two 1214FC. Got a warning about reintegration of modules wasn´t configured and tried to do that. Found the two safety DB:s for the modules, but how am I supposed to use them? Can´t find a suitable FC or FB that uses those tags. Something I should download from siemens site? I remember seeing QBAD in a S7-300 program years ago.

Another problem I have is that one of the controllers doesn´t reset when going to stop mode. Of course the outputs fall when in stop, but when transitioning to run, the outputs becomes active again. Guess the logic remains unchanged, even in the safety program. Can´t really process any logic when in stop either..:oops: Any suggestions on how to accomplish this?

f-blocks.jpg

1) The cheaty way, if you just want to reintegrate all the HW NOW is to use the ACK_GL instruction. The best practice is to do it device by device, which means you need a rising edge on the ACK_REI tag in the F-IO DB (what you highlighted above). The system indicates that a module is ready for reintegration when the ACK_REQ tag is true.

This is technically an instance data block, but it's part of the safety system code, you'll never see the actual FB.

2) make sure your logic isn't using retentive data. Everything should have a defined start value it comes up as. Alternatively, make sure your logic uses good start values.

Thanks!

Thank you for the info. But I´m having trouble connecting the tags, those DB:s doesn´t show up when I start typing when adding a tag in the code.
What am I supposed to do? :)

Thank you for the info. But I´m having trouble connecting the tags, those DB:s doesn´t show up when I start typing when adding a tag in the code.
What am I supposed to do? :)

I think they should, but if not, then drag and drop should work.