Siemens SH1 Ethernet Card

coa

Hi All,

Does anybody have experience using general ethernet care like 3COM in PC to communicate with SH1 network of Siemens S5. I want to find the solution for setup PC to communicate with S5 155U with CP1430. The price of Siemens CP1613 (PCI card) is quite expensive.

Thanks for your help

Coa,
I believe that Siemens sells a driver for using a general ethernet card like 3COM, instead of the CP1613. I am guessing that the driver is none too cheap either. I think it is called a SoftNet Driver. You may want to look into it. I am not positive that they have this for the S5. I thought they had it for the Simatic 505 TI, and for S7, but not sure on S5. Please let me know what you end up finding out.
Also, if you still do alot of S5 programming, you may want to take a look at FasTrak's Windows-based software which basically replaces the DOS Step 5. www.fast-soft.com. [email protected]

Coa,

You could use an normal ethernet card but you still need Softnet. Using a cp1613 communication card would eventualy make your life easier. We've done this on a PG before with a PCMCA card. We bought at first the one from Siemens but the wireconnection was broken and then afterwoods we but one of 3com and it worked fine.

Rudi