Siemens Simatic Manager & TIAPORTAL

shazad5444

Lifetime Supporting Member
Friends, How we can find that in PLC loaded program is in Simatic Manager or in TIAPORTAL. I'm talking about S7 300 and 400.
Without knowing this can we upload program from PLC S7-300/400 in TIAPORTAL or SIMATIC MANAGER?
If program is downloaded with Simatic Manager then can we upload by TIAPORTAL?

In a 300, the code is just code. There are no tag names or comments, or any care about what software downloaded the project. It shouldn't matter which package you use to upload, but I doubt you'll be happy with the result no matter which you use.

MK42, thank you very much. I have doubt with file extensions, as Simatic Manager has its own extension and TIAPORTAL has it own.

I'm sorry, I thought you were talking about an online project you were uploading from the CPUS. S7 300 CPUs do not upload well, all you get is code, no useful descriptors.

If you have the offline project, you can migrate from Simatic Manager to TIA Portal, and it works pretty well. There is, however, no way to convert a Portal project back to Simatic Manager.

MK24, No you were right. Basically my question was regarding online, just also asked another question, now concept is clear. Bundle of thanks.

MK is not correct on this one. If your s7300 was programmed with TIA Portal
and you try to upload using Step7 V5.5 , you will get a message and upload will not continue
If you want a screenshot of this exact message- let me know

MK is not correct on this one. If your s7300 was programmed with TIA Portal
and you try to upload using Step7 V5.5 , you will get a message and upload will not continue
If you want a screenshot of this exact message- let me know

It worked in the V11 era, I was uploading in v5.5 to look at the compiled SCL code created by Portal.

If it's changed since then, that's good to know, thanks. I have a vague feeling that if I look far enough back in my post history, you've told me this before, and I'd forgotten :p

Interesting. Can you still go online and look at the code, or is that blocked as well?

Have you guys been able to successfully convert v5.5 files to TIAV13?

I have tried with a couple different projects, and yet to have success. It may be because of using older 300 series processors, but I am just curious if either of you have had good results?

So so
I always do it without the hardware. If there are option packages in your code i.e. pDiag etc. they have to be stripped out
You getting a lot of errors? Can you do a screenshot?

The next time it happens I will inquire with you, if you don't mind.

At this point I'll just try it every now and then, and if it doesn't work the first time I'm like "F$%K IT" and then I go back to v5.5, which I know will immediately work.

Been working on mostly s7-1200 stuff lately, so I am growing to like portal a little more than manager.