Siemens Simatic TI505 Rack

rsuomi

Hi there, this is my first post so please let me know if I'm doing anything wrong!

I have a surplus Siemens Simatic TI505 Rack with a number of modules in it. To be honest I know next to nothing about PLC's in general. I don't know what software this rack uses, and I also couldn't find a manual online.

I've checked around a number of sites and done as much homework as I can in terms of pricing this rack but I still have no idea how much it is worth. I don't really know what to do with it other than sell it at this point!

Is this the right place to post a general sort of thread like this?

Here's the model numbers for all of the parts of the rack:
505-6660 110/220 VAC Power Supply 200 Volt - Amperes 50-60 HZ
545-1101 CPU module
505-6108A 8CH Input Analog
505-4216A 110 VAC Input
505-4616 24~110 VAC Output
505-6208A 8CH Output Analog

Any help in finding out something to do with this, somewhere to sell it, or even an idea of how much it's worth (or if I should part it out) would be incredibly appreciated!

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum!
One software is called TiSoft, which is the old DOS version. Dont worry about the wrong place to post, as you said, it's your first post. There is a Button at the very top center of the screen that says " Buy/Sell Plcs". Just click on that and follow the screens from there. There is nothing wrong with making a general post saying that you have listed some items in the buy/sell area. Just do the listing of the details in the buy/sell area. Just be sure you are selling personal items, not advertising a business. Commercial advertising is really really frowned upon.
If you want to use this plc to learn on, I will post some links and other info to help you learn.

Last edited:
Thanks for the really helpful reply! I'll make a post in the Buy/Sell PLC section I think.

I'm getting into very basic electronics right now on my own, but I don't think I'm ready for PLC level stuff yet at all. I don't even know where to begin.

These are definitely personal items, I'm not a company!

If you had some links that basically assume I know nothing about PLC's that could teach me some cool stuff I'd be very interested in checking them out!

Thanks for the help jrwb4gbm!

The best place to start is right here on this site. Just look at the top of the screen for "Online Tutorial", a book under the flashing "Click Here" button and an online plc simulator.
After reviewing this and you need more info, see this link for a large list of PLC sites for beginners.
http://www.ronbeaufort.com/links_to_plc_resources.htm
Also on that same site is a button on the lower left side "Sample Lessons" that will link to some youtube videos.
The site "thelearningpit.com" is also a favorite among many here.
Link to old DOS version Software. You may have to register first.
https://www.automation.siemens.com/...ttachment.aspx?attachmentID=11916&Language=en
Another link for manuals, cables, etc. See the 2nd post. You may have to register first.
http://www.automation.siemens.com/W...spx?PageIndex=1&PostID=226236&Language=en#top

Last edited:
I just had one more question:

Based on the age of the rack, and the make and model of it, how much would I even sell it for?

I don't know pricing for used PLCs at all, should I just go by eBay pricing models for used parts or should I cut those in half or what? I have someone looking to buy it for 300 bucks via craigslist but I have no idea if that's a decent offer for this rack. I saw that the 545-1101 CPU module alone is about 800 dollars buy it now on eBay but I have no idea if that's a fair price for that module alone.

Is there a forum I can post on to get more assistance with pricing?

I really dont know of another forum. Just google and search for each of the parts on your list. Compile a list of the other companies besides ebay that re-sell these items. Submit a list of your items to each of them to see what they may offer. Collect the current prices you see on ebay. Put them on a spreadsheet to get some idea what the average selling prices are. As you can see there is no easy answer.