Siemens Siprotec Relay - IEC-103 Comm

bhdybc

Hi,

In one of my projects i am using Siemens Siprotec Numerical Relays (7SJ611,7SJ641,7RW600) for IEC-103 communication with Telvent RTU.
I have to take on,off,trip etc signals from this relays into my RTU over IEC-103 protcol.

I am looking for the Instruction manual for the IEC-103 function and information points for this relays.

Can anybody help me in providing this manual?

bhdybc said:
Hi,

In one of my projects i am using Siemens Siprotec Numerical Relays (7SJ611,7SJ641,7RW600) for IEC-103 communication with Telvent RTU.
I have to take on,off,trip etc signals from this relays into my RTU over IEC-103 protcol.

I am looking for the Instruction manual for the IEC-103 function and information points for this relays.

Can anybody help me in providing this manual?

Are you refering to IEC 60670-5-103? Standard 103 includes parts for a protection device communication protocol originally developed for the use in German protective relay system and deals with the informative interface, exchanging only data that is not related to protection coordination.

Just a piece of advice to you, first contact siemens for there technical support for this type of relay or go to the siemens web site and find the white paper regarding this relay.

Second this type of relay that siemens manufacture as far as I know is also a compliance to IEC 61850 with is also an intelligent IED device you can interface to your RTU.

Regards

Sherwin

Iec 60870-5-103

bhdybc said:
Yes its IEC 60870-5-103.

This is all the protective relays as you mentioned that you want to interface to your RTU.

SIPROTEC 4 7SJ64
Multifunction protection relay with synchronization

SIPROTEC 4 7SJ61
Multifunction protection relay

SIPROTEC 7RW600
Numerical Voltage, Frequency and Overexcitation ProtectionRelay

This is the IEC 60870-5-103 as I mention before is a transmission protocol for telecontrol equipment system. Please find attachment.

Regards

Sherwin

Last edited:
I want to read following inputs from each of the relay mentioned above over IEC-103.

1) ON Feedback 2) Off Feedback 3) Trip Ckt Healthy 4) Service Position 5) Test Position 6) Trip Feedback 7) Local/Remote Feedback 8) Feeder Setting Grp2

But i dont know all these inputs will be lying in which ASDUs. I want the function codes and information points of each of these inputs.

Can anybody has done interfacing of these relays with any of the system ?

Function Codes

bhdybc said:
But i dont know all these inputs will be lying in which ASDUs. I want the function codes and information points of each of these inputs.

This is the Function Codes Tables for the IEC 60870-5-103

Sherwin

Siemens Relay 7SJ6x IEC-103 Comm

Hi,

I have done the necessary settings inside the Relay 7SJ611 for IEC-103 Tag mapping using Digsi 4.71 software. But its not communicating with the IEC-103 Master. I am attaching the Configuration file with this mail for reference.

As per the relay manual, i am using Port-B's Pin-8 and Pin-3 for RS485 interface. This are the right pins communication ?

Or Is there any special setting that is to be done for IEC-103 communication ?

Help me out if someone has done communication with this relay.