Siemens software for ET 200SP

geniusintraining

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Hello everyone

I have a customer looking for software and options, 5.7 step7 or TIA and if TIA does he need the software to match the firmware? If he buys v18 will it work if its wrote in V17?

Below are the details of his machine

Simatic ET 200SP
V2.8.3
5ES7510-1SJ01-OABO
CPU 1510SP F-1 PN

Machine was delivered in the last six months if that helps, was on order for two years, but I guess they wouldn’t have had to use the latest.

Unknown if its password protected the machine is from Israel and they are not helping much

Thanks
Mark

Basically, if you have an information that machine's logic is written on TIA V17.
That means:

• ask manufacturer for respective project archive (backup) and all existing passwords for access. Also you can upload a project from PLC itself. Do check what a version of TIA project you have gotten.
    extensions: .ap15; .ap16, .ap17 etc., speak for themselves.
  • Normally, to open (do changes, watch vars, etc) a project written on TIA V17 you need at least TIA V17(better having the last Update). Latest update you can download and install over existing ones;
  • If you purchased TIA V18 after all, while opening V17 projects, it will offer to do an upgrade V17 -> V18 (on PC, laptop). Nothing special if you do just a monitoring some logic online.
  • While loading any changes to machine's PLC, of course, you will load a project being already V18 into machine (as you did upgrade). So, there's a risk to get machine stopped (as it will be offered load to machine entire project, not a changed part) for a reason of some incompatibility in the code or a retain value disappear or something else. Nothing special, if you are skilled PLC programmer, you will find a reason for a matter of hours and machine will start again. :sick:

Last edited:
CPU 1510SP F-1 PN

You want TIA and you need the professional licence for the 1500 CPU. I don't have Step 7 Classic so I can't confirm this, but I believe it's only for the 200/300/400 CPU's.

If he buys v18 will it work if its wrote in V17?

Yes. As above, it will open in v18 and ask you to upgrade. If you want to retain the original version though, you can purchase a v18 licence and install any previous version of TIA using that licence.

Also note that the CPU is a safety CPU so depending on how the manufacturer configured it you may or may not be able to upload the safety program, plus the safety program will be password protected.

Also note that the CPU is a safety CPU so depending on how the manufacturer configured it you may or may not be able to upload the safety program, plus the safety program will be password protected.

I missed the F in the part number!
I've not tested this, but in theory OP should be able to modify the main program without touching the safety side. The safety licence for TIA is required to get that far however, it won't list failsafe CPU's in the hardware options without it.

What software does the 200S have to use?

The answer to this is... Either.
The 200S designed for the S7-300, so Step7 Classic is the more likely answer but TIA supported the later model numbers so it may have been programmed with that.
It's also currently being phased out and you only have two months left to order parts for it.

Siemens v17 F-CPU

(geniusintraining) has be trying to help me out with this Siemens issue for a customer, I am new to the site and figured I could try to clarify and see what help anyone could provide.

I purchased v18 pro with the safety licensing and was able to get into the PLC and the program was written in v17, I was able to download and utilize v17 as well.

I worked through some other issues that were aborting the upload, but the only persistent issue is the fault below, I believe due to the F-CPU.

Fault:

"the consistent fail-safe upload is not enabled for this online device. either the online device doesn't support fail-safe upload or the appropriate setting in the safety administration editor is not active and downloaded"

Is there a workaround to get an upload or will only only be able to work with the program online. Would I be able to make online changes? If it purely the safety portion blocking is there a way to upload the main program without the safety in TIA?

I am not new to Siemens, but it has been a good 5 years since I was more familiar. I have been living the Rockwell life pretty consistent at my current job. Any help would be appreciated, and if a "not possible" is the answer, that is acceptable as well no one wants to waste resources to chase something that has already been shot down / found to be not possible due to cost/reward.

Thank you in advance for any help or insight.

It's totally possible to upload safety starting in either v15 or v16 I think, just disabled by default for some reason (sometimes the defaults in safety are dumb because lawyers). You have to have the setting enabled BEFORE you can upload. Everybody gets bit by this once, needing the setting before they know it exists.

Safety Administration -> Settings -> Advanced Settings -> Enable consistent upload from the F-CPU

To activate the feature, you check the box, recompile, redownload, and THEN you can upload safety.

Just making sure, i would need the original copy of the program to make this change so it would be uploadable?

Any workarounds if I don't have the original?

Thanks in advance.

Just making sure, i would need the original copy of the program to make this change so it would be uploadable?

Any workarounds if I don't have the original?

Thanks in advance.

Yes, this change would need to be made in the original.

I think if you create a PLC that is the right part number, FW, IP address, etc, you may be able to do an online/offline compare and get the standard part of the code out.