Siemens Step 7 question

Johnnie

These OB's are blank so that you may program them the way you want them. For instance, if OB80 is called by the PLC you might program a 'move' to 'pull' out the error code, then depending on what the error code is you could then either restart the PLC, put it into stop mode, bring up an alarm on a HMI etc.

These OB's are called by the PLC when it faults and if the OB is not there the PLC goes into stop mode. If you don't program these OB's then you will not know if the PLC is faulting, as it will call the OB, process it, even with nothing in it, and then carry on,

That's my understanding of these OB's, it might not be totally correct, perhaps someone could confirm this, maybe Jean Pierre could.

Paul

Similar Topics

Is it Gain or Proportional band? The HMI shows it as Proportional Band and the tag name is Gain???
Replies
Views
Tomorrow morning I have to use a rented Siemens PC to troubleshoot a Siemens HMI, programmed with WinCC, communicating to a couple of ABB drives...
Replies
Views
Hi folks, I'm new to Siemens and I have a couple questions: 1) In Step 7 -> Data Block : I try to read/write a bit in a word (like in RSlogix500...
Replies
Views
Good Morning, Hoping someone with some Siemens experience can give me a hand with this one. Customer has a S7-200 cpu, which has a 6GK7...
Replies
Views
I'm just trying to figure out the right method of adding a DO card to an existing rack. It's not the *next* open slot, but I have to move the AO...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom