Siemens TP177micro

barryoc

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi,

Apologies if this was already answered but i could not find it. I have downloaded a project to a tp177micro but with the wrong comms settings to the plc. My problem is that before i downloaded the project to the panel i set the startup delay to zero seconds and hence i cannot access the transfer mode of the panel to download new comms settings to the panel. I used usb/ppi cable to download project and wincc 2008. I have tried to restore to factory settings with prosave but have no .psb image to do so.

Any help on resetting to factory defaults would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Barry. o_O

Hi Barry

The images for the panel can be found under
C:\Program Files\Siemens\SIMATIC WinCC flexible\WinCC flexible Images
Sometimes Prosave is set to look in a different location.

edit: And you must use the OS Update function, and look for .img files not .psb files.
In order to connect to the panel upon powerup, activate the "reset to factory default", connect the panel to the PC, start the OS Update and then cycle power on the panel.

Last edited:
Jesper,

Many thanks for your quick reply. Worked a treat.

Hopefully someday i may be able to return the favour and help you.

Regards,
Barry