Siemens TP277 ethernet to CTI 2500

winklerlars

Supporting Member
Can a Siemens TP277 communicate with a CTI2500 CPU via the ethernet port? There are only DP and serial selections for the Simatic 505 in the WinCC Flexible 2008. Anyone able to help? o_O

You might conisder to switch to a PC RT based solution.
That allows you to connect via OPC, which again means you can connect to any device for whiche there exists an OPC server.
An IPC + OPC Server + Flex PC RT license will be a bit more expensive than a TP277, but is definitely a possibility. It can save you a lot of time in comparison with having to learn a new HMI system.

edit: Does CTI support Modbus TCP ? That could be a possibility for the TP277.

Thanks for all your responses but I since located details making this project not possible. The reason to use the Siemens TP277 is due to having the stock on hand.
Thanks.(y)