Siemens vs. Ab

Allow me to settle this once for all: THEY ALL SUX.

Introducing the GodTech2000 PLC, features include:

1. Never Faults, actually will do DIV by Zero.

2. Understand English commands such as "Turn on Pump A only when Pump C is running and not Pump B and only on Tuesday not in a leap year but only if Tank C level is higher than Tank D, however, always run Pump A is Tank B is higher than Tank C."

3. NO I/O config, just plug and go.

4. NEW: telepathic option; read operator's mind. Please call our sales rep for details.

5. Intelligent Alarm, only alarms when it's REALLY BAD.

To order, provide a signed blank check to...

...bUrP ... >>hey, another shot please << .. BuRp ..

I LIKE IT !!!

1. Never Faults, actually will do DIV by Zero.

Just curious... when it divides by Zero, how many places does it use to specify infinity? Or does it come back with, "I don't know, but it sure seems like a $hit-Load!"

2. Understand English commands such as "Turn on Pump A only when Pump C is running and not Pump B and only on Tuesday not in a leap year but only if Tank C level is higher than Tank D, however, always run Pump A is Tank B is higher than Tank C."

Same thing as "C", but of course, at this point, you still have to type it in. Voice recognition ain't that good yet.

3. NO I/O config, just plug and go.

I hope to hell this ain't based on Win '95 !

4. NEW: telepathic option; read operator's mind. Please call our sales rep for details.

Saaaay.... wait a minute... if the telepathic option is that good, wouldn't your sales rep call me before I called him?

5. Intelligent Alarm, only alarms when it's REALLY BAD.

I already have one of these. The message is...

"Shut 'er down Clancy! She's pumpin' Mud!!!"

Jokes aside... this ain't that crazy, nor that far away!

To order, provide a signed blank check to...

OK, but don't cash it until Tuesday.

...bUrP ... >>hey, another shot please << .. BuRp ..

HEY, Make that two!

I actually worked with a system just like the one you describe, Harry. We called it an operator. There were a couple of problems, though - response time was non-deterministic, especially the morning after payday. And programming often took 20+ years. And after around 24 hours of operation downtime seemed to increase. And, of course, we found out that the preferred beer fuel source was more expensive than electricity.

On the up-side it was a fantastic multi-tasking device, could procure it's own fuel source, and never crashed while playing solitaire.