Siemens WinCC Flexible 2005 SP1 Hotfix 7 and LED assignment

kemppioy

Hey,

I have Siemens OP177 panel and I am having a problem mapping the function key leds in WinCC flexible 2005 SP1 HF7. I cannot find a good example of how to do this. Is it so that I can just toggle a bit in the PLC and make the LED flash? I made an word array tag in the PLC data block. When I go to the WinCC template screen, I can put the LED Tag tagname there and then it ask for a bit number. I have put in zero for bit number. I tried to use the WinCC simulator and toggle bit zero but I do not see the LED flashing on the simulator nor do I really know if that is possible using simulation. Does someone have a good example of mapping the LED's? Also I noticed an excellent "feature" there that when I go to the template screen, click on the function key, then select view - properties, the LED tag field is grayed out and will not let me enter in a tagname. Also sometimes the "use global assignment" field is grayed out where I cannot select it. Is there another way to get those available again? I did a rebuild and then all the function keys allowed me to select "use global assignment" but the LED Tag field is still grayed out. Any clues on this?

GlobalAssignment.gif

Best Regards,

PK
moz-screenshot-1.jpg

You define the tag (word-size)and the start-bit (x) that controls the led of a K-key in the 'template'. If this tag does not exist, you can direct make a new tag in the screen 'template'.

In other screens you can not change the settings of this K-key.They are greyed out, but you should be able to see the name of the tag and the startbit of the key.

Maybe your problem is the difference between high-byte/low-byte in the plc and in OP.

example: led-word = MW62

MW 62 - MW 63 (plc)

15......0 (OP-bitnumber of the led-tag)

Every led-assigment has 2 bits

x+1 x led
0 0 off
0 1 fast on-off
1 0 slow on-off
1 1 on

high byte/ low byte

Hei Ivo,

Is it so that WinCC reads those high byte and low bytes backwards? I have noticed yesterday the same thing that I trigger bit 0 of a word in the PLC and bit 0 of the same word in the WinCC panel did not trigger. Was this also working the same way in Protool? I have not done extensive Siemens programming so not sure how Protool worked. I use this same PLC with Wonderware Intouch and I can read the bits of a word exactly like I program them in my alarm system but there in Intouch I read the individual bits directly from the word. I have all the alarms in Intouch as bit alarms so I have a discrete tag for each alarm. Can I do this as well with WinCC flexible? Also if I need to use a word can I flip flop the word in Siemens S7 PLC before sending it to the WinCC panel so that if bit 0 in the PLC is set , bit 0 in the WinCC panel is set as well?

Thanks for your help.

PK

Global softkeys: they have the same function in every OP-screen. The key will have a green triangle on your pc-screen.

Local softkeys: the function can be different in every OP-screen. The key will have a yellow triangle on your pc-screen.

If a key is 'global' as well as 'local', then the 'local'-function will be executed. The key will have a green and yellow color.

You define global softkeys in the screen 'template'. You only need to give a function to the softkey. In 'template' you can not mark 'use global assigment'. Now the softkey will get a green triangle.

You can open another screen and you will see that the softkey also will have a green triangle and 'use global assigment' will be marked. The rest of the options will be greyed out. If you want to use a local assigment you will need to unmark 'use global assigment'. Then the greyed-out-fields will be white again and you can define them.

kemppioy said:
Hei Ivo,

Is it so that WinCC reads those high byte and low bytes backwards? I have noticed yesterday the same thing that I trigger bit 0 of a word in the PLC and bit 0 of the same word in the WinCC panel did not trigger. Was this also working the same way in Protool?
PK

Protool showed you what bits (the start-bit) were used e.g. M 1.0. But I guess this was the first bit to use in the example-program I am looking at, so I would say yes, Protool did the same with the high and low-bytes, but I'm not sure about this.

kemppioy said:
I have not done extensive Siemens programming so not sure how Protool worked. I use this same PLC with Wonderware Intouch and I can read the bits of a word exactly like I program them in my alarm system but there in Intouch I read the individual bits directly from the word. I have all the alarms in Intouch as bit alarms so I have a discrete tag for each alarm. Can I do this as well with WinCC flexible?
PK

If I did my homework good enough the last time I used WinCC flex then you must use a word.

kemppioy said:
Also if I need to use a word can I flip flop the word in Siemens S7 PLC before sending it to the WinCC panel so that if bit 0 in the PLC is set , bit 0 in the WinCC panel is set as well?
PK

Off course you can.

Hei,

Thanks for the help. Finally figured it out. The alarm word works a bit differently then the LED word so that was a bit confusing at first. I used the CAW instruction in STL to swap the bytes in accu 1 and 2. Now the alarm words work correctly. I have a question for you though since you seem to know a lot about siemens.

I am trying to look at a 16 bit word and see if any bit has changed from 0 to 1 and then trigger a bit to show that a new alarm has arrived. In Allen Bradley I used a word compare instruction for this. I would move the word into a memory area and then compare it to see if the bits have changed from 0-1. How do I do this with Siemens S7? Is there a word compare somewhere?

Thanks!