Siemens WinCC Flexible resource hog even when not running

caesarisdead

Does anyone know how to keep WinCC from loading all those behind the scenes services, etc from loading and running in the background at startup? I am using WinCC Flexible Compact to program simple HMI's (ie TP177A) and this monstrosity of a program loads around 110Mb of services running in the background even when I am not using the program.

I have manually used MSCONFIG and services.msc to prevent the services from loading/running at startup and that works fine until I use WinCC again. The program changes the autostartup settings of those background services and they subsequently start loading again.

I have programmed HMI's for years from many manufacturers with numerous programs and never have I had to use such a huge resource hog to program simple text and touchscreen HMI's. A simple 2 screen configuration has over 17Mb of files. Ridiculous!

I don't think I can help much but when I went to 2007 my file size went from 42meg to 7meg. It is also a lot faster.

As far as the loading I think WinCC Flex is SQL based and the databases load on start.

You can rigth click the litte blue flexible icon in the system tray and and disable the autostart feature. This will prevent some but not all services from loading.

You can also remove the “Service Manager” from the Windows Startup folder (from the Windows XP Taskbar click Start -> All Programs -> Startup). I moved mine to the Simatic folder in case I ever needed it. I also did what Bratt suggested you do.