Siemens Won't Help - Can Anybody???

Aabeck

I keep all my Siemens licenses on a USB drive due to using it on multiple computers. I have not had a problem for years until last week when I inserted it and Windows popped-up it needed to Scan and Repair it.

Now I have a FOUND.000 folder full of FILE00xx.CHK files, and some weird files and a folder on the root.

Siemens says that since I wasn't the original purchaser of the software (I did buy the entire package from a retiring technician with all disks & licenses) I am basically S.O.L.

Does anyone know of a service that can restore the licenses from what's left? Or will I be buying all new software if I continue to support Siemens??

Capture.JPG

No, when I bought the package I was given a computer with all the software and licenses installed, the original installation disks and manuals he had. He didn't give me any USB sticks, and I moved the licenses to a flash drive myself.

It is possible to make backup of licenses even that they are copy protected
But from this site that info is pointless to search

Only way seems to be that you get original license sticks and certificates from retired technician or buying new ones from Siemens.

On license stick is 14 days emergence license for situations like this

No, when I bought the package I was given a computer with all the software and licenses installed, the original installation disks and manuals he had. He didn't give me any USB sticks, and I moved the licenses to a flash drive myself.
You're screwed then...

You could create a virtual machine and re-install the software again and just use the limited license until you can rectify the situation.

Good Luck.

I did a Google search for the license generator and the websites that showed up are untrustable virus servers. (Try downloading and installing Panelbuilder32 on an old, offline computer sometime - even though it say's it's A-B for Panelview's it is nothing but a pack of as many virus's as they could get in one .EXE)

On the side - a trustworthy source got me the program and it worked great, no thanks to Siemens - and I have given Siemens a lot of business in the past by spec'ing their PLC & HMI in a project.

Thanks funny. You have no proof you even bought the software, but you want Johnson City to send you all your lost licenses.
How's is that different from buying a Dell from your neighbor without the software and calling Microsoft

As others have said, the actual legal license is the paper certificate with the hologram. ALM and the floating license isn't legal permission, just a technological enforcement mechanism. If you have the paper certificate, I've never heard of siemens not helping to regenerate the license. If you have them and they aren't helping you, then :/

He has nothing. That's the problem !
Too bad he didn't have a screenshot of ALM with the serial numbers

I purchased, and have, the original discs and manuals as a complete package with a detailed receipt - AB would have accepted this as a license transfer.

I did have a screenshot of ALM listing all the numbers and versions.
Siemens reply resulted in GFY.

Are your "original disks" the CD/DVD's or are they the license floppies / USB's?
DVD's / CD's have no license # and most can be purchased from Siemens as replacement media. It is the license media (floppy /usb) that counts.
No license media = no valid license.