Siemens

Fox said:
It can happen... but what will you think about Siemens people? Are they professional or are they just kids turnig back to their own problems?

If you buy a car, changed the radio to a bether one and take the car to service because the motor has a strange noise, and they refused to solve the problem because you changed the radio what yill you think?...

European laws protect the customer from this. Each supplier must be responsible for their own products but... Siemens is Siemens...
Your analogy does not work, it would be more like taking the radio out of a Mercedes and putting it in a VW and expecting Mercedes to repair problems with the VW.

I really enjoy your answer. That's exactlly whow Siemens acts.

Nevertheless, I'm pretty sure you know what I mean bu let me put it in a different way: If you buy a Mercedes Radio or an Alpine (because thei have no cars) and put it in a VW, if the radio fails you think Mercedes (or Alpine) won't be responsible?

Do you know that Siemens Buys S7-400 Ethernet modules from VIPA to integrate in their own systems? What will Siemens do in such situations? And if you use one Interbus-S module from Phoenix?

If you want to test the vipa-software; you can download a demo-version (+- 30 Mb) from their website. There is no time-limit, only you can not make a HW-configuration and I think it should not be possible to go online with a cpu but there is a build-in simulator. Their software reminds me of STEP7-lite; 'small' and functional.

I see we have more than one VIPA representative available. Stop advertising and use your signature to provide a link.

I have no idea whether VIPA is good or not BUT the advertising methods used here are not conducive to make people desire to use them.

You realize that VIPA has developed a product to work with what Siemens make? IF you discredit the Siemens product in any fashion then why would anyone want a product that is a COPY of it?

I do not care what VIPA makes that Siemens uses nor would most people, the major brands (and just about everyone) outsources things all the time, just because VIPA built it does not mean they designed it.

This is just my opinion on the subject but with the inappropriate methods that have been used concerning VIPA and SIEMENS, I would not ever consider VIPA for any project.

Concerning a Siemens tech walking out if a VIPA CPU were used in a Siemens system that could easily make sense....ever heard the word LEGAL? Not legal in the sense of right to use BUT in the sense of what their (Siemens) liability may be if they touch the system.

Maybe other person(s) are advertising for VIPA at this moment in this forum but I want to distance myself from this!!!!!

Furthermore in my 'defence':

a)I also heard the same like JesperMP's statement 'against' VIPA....problem was not a vipa-cpu but an vipa-FM-module...so I am not blind-sided pro-VIPA. Besides I have no first-hand experience, so I am not pro or contra.

b) I refered to demo-software, so that you do not need to buy the software to test 'it', and stated contra and pro about this demo, just like JesperMP about STEP7-lite and geniusintraining about IBHsoftec and like so many others do about other demo-software

c) the tech guy from Siemens walking out; I agree with you. Siemens should be responsible for problems with Siemens equipment not for problems created by others firms who 'work' with their system. But this is my opinion.

End of 'discussion' for me.

Siemens Tech support

ivo.maenen said:
Maybe other person(s) are advertising for VIPA at this moment in this forum but I want to distance myself from this!!!!!

Furthermore in my 'defence':

a)I also heard the same like JesperMP's statement 'against' VIPA....problem was not a vipa-cpu but an vipa-FM-module...so I am not blind-sided pro-VIPA. Besides I have no first-hand experience, so I am not pro or contra.

b) I refered to demo-software, so that you do not need to buy the software to test 'it', and stated contra and pro about this demo, just like JesperMP about STEP7-lite and geniusintraining about IBHsoftec and like so many others do about other demo-software

c) the tech guy from Siemens walking out; I agree with you. Siemens should be responsible for problems with Siemens equipment not for problems created by others firms who 'work' with their system. But this is my opinion.

End of 'discussion' for me.

I agree.

Any service tech or engineer who will show up in the field to support hardware/software issues will turn his back to this as he/she cannot be responsible for mix & match incompatibilites that any plant manager/owner throws at them for the fun of it (price being the "fun" in this case).
I've seen programs and hardware configurations altered to the point where there's no turning back.
As far as Siemens tech support goes, I've had only good experiences so far either directly from Siemens or the local distributor (I live in Chicago).

BK