Siemens

Hello rameshreee;
I really must insist that you take some time and study the manual I proposed earlier. Most of the questions you are asking find their answers in that document.

For example, look at the attachment I have taken from that manual.
You will see that there are 3 possibilities of controlling this drive, through digital inputs, analog inputs and USS protocol. No pulse input (for PWM).
If you choose to use digital inputs (parameter P006 to 000), you will have to connect a 24 V DC digital output from the PLC between pins 5 and 9 to control Digital Input 1 (selected by P007 set to 1), as described in the extract in my previous post. Connecting between 6 and 9 gives you control of DIN 2....
What speed command will be sent to the motor will depend on the parameters that you have selected for the drive (in P005, in Hz).
Analog outputs from your PLC can be programmed to operate the drive too. Look at the information on analog control in the manual.

Do you understand now the relationship between physical commands and parameters? For exampleYou need to enable DIN 1 (P007) for the digital command (pins 5 and 9) to operate correctly. The set speed selected for DIN 1 will be selected by you in parameter P005.

Your question on the connection of the internal RS-485 is found on this page also: if you decide to use USS protocol then you are limited in the selection of other elements using the external port, such as a OPM2 operator panel.
USS is a control protocol you can use from a S7-200 CPU (there is an add-on library for it) that will allow you to send control and speed command in real-time to this drive, serially (no Profibis-module required on the drive or on the PC)without having to control though digital or analog inputs.

Again, look at the manual, and try to understand it properly, it is the best advice I can give you.
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

MM3_ControlConn.jpg

thanks....

i would like to know about the USS protocol..

i cudnt add USS protocol library to step 7 microwin library...

when i tried...it shows this file is not valid for step 7 microwin user library...

how to add USS protocol to library...without that i cant program and connect to micromaster vector...

can i use PPI cable for communication between s7-200 and micromaster instead USS protocol...

i tried to connect OP 27 IF1B to COM1...and i tried to download from protool ..but it says no connection to the op...please help me out if anyone knows about this....:confused..

Hi there
USS library comes with setup. Once you install that, library will appear in Microwin.
How to connect the profibus to which terminal of the drive is explained in microwin help. Go to Microwin help and type USS
and then click on the "connecting and setting up of micromaster 3 series drive".
Attached is file giving you programming example of connecting to drive using USS taken from Microwin HELP.
USS is add-on to microwin and you need to purchase it. Check this

Last edited:
Lot of Feedback and Support : Very Informative Discussion

Dear Rameshree,
Hope you are getting information and data for you data.
I have done projects using Siemens S7 200 (226) PLC for control servo axis (Master Drive) and VFD (Micro master) through TP170mico HMI. (If you interested I will send details to you)
Now I think you want to finalize hardware and rite-up for your project (I mean, what you want to do with those Hardware).

Riyaz

thanks

thanks riyaz and manmeetvirdi:confused:...
please send me details ..it will be helpful for my project....and i have a doubt , in s7-200 plc only two pwm output pulse can be obtained..but how can i give 6 pwm pulse to 6 IGBT....please help me out...thanks in advance...:confused:

pulse check

hi...
i hve done program for generating the pulse in s7-200...
now i want to check the pulse visually...
can i use CRO to check the pulse...if anybody knows...please tell me....

help me

hi..
i cudnt get pulse in s7-200...i ve checked with scope but i didnt get pulse
i need 3 pulse from s7-200...

does anybody know about generating pulse....if u have any programs regarding pulse generation ...please please send me...i hope i will be helped....

thanks for all replies...

i think most of the people dont know about to vary the pwm pulse in s7-200 and how to get 3 pulse....i ve been askin this for the past 2 months....any how thank u for all replies once again..

finally i ve got two pulse that i cud see in LED which is blinkin when pulse comes... and i cud vary the pulse..now things is i want to show the pulse to people.. and i hve tried with trends chart in plc and also in CRO ..but i cudnt find anything in that.....y i cudnt see the output pulse....

i request u if anyone knows abt this ...please tell me...thanks in advance.....