Simatic HMI Comfort series

I am doing exactly what you are asking about right now. I am using a comfort panel HMI programmed with WinCC in TIA and I am using step 7 5.5 for programming my S7-315. Unfortunately you cannot simply connect the TIA to your classic Step 7 to get the tags, but Siemens has made a program to make what you are doing as easy as possible. You can download the software here: https://support.automation.siemens....lib.csinfo&lang=en&objid=56078300&caller=view The instructions on how to use it are pretty helpful. The only thing I don't like is when you import all the tags you want to use they come in with a 1 second "Acquistition Cycle" I change them all to 100ms. There is probably a way to set that as the default, but I haven't figured that out yet. If you need more details then let me know.

Thanks for your reply and for sharing your experiences.
I didn´t watch the TagConverter video until now because reading the PDF gave me the impression that you could only use automatic conversion on DB tags. That is obviuosly not the case.

UPDATE:
I found out that the new WinCC V13 has the tag converter built into it. This eliminates the need for the third software.

Not sure why they didn't do this in the first place o_O

If you have a lot of tags, then it is quite helpful to have an integrated S7 and WinCC project. With an integrated project, the WinCC Project can access the symbols of the S7 project, and changes will update automatically. Like you said it is not an absolute requirement.

Siemens has made a solution to the problem mention with the S7 PLC being edited in a STEP7 v5.5 Project, and the HMI being edited in TIA, and thus no symbol sharing.
In the latest release 13 of TIA, there is now a socalled "proxy CPU" that can be connected to an S7 CPU in STEP7 v5.5. In this way the TIA WinCC HMI can share symbols with the S7 CPU.

edit: This is not the same as the Tag Converter. The Tag Converter takes a snapshot of the current S7 Symbols. If you make modifications to the symbols this will not be updated in the TIA WinCC Project. The Proxy CPU solves this problem.

By my understanding, new Proxy CPU does not automatically sync changes to the Symbols/DB's in Step 7 v5.5 to the WinCC V13 project. When you create and initialize the proxy, you can select what project (Classic or Portal) to grab the PLC from, which tags to make available to the HMI, etc. if changes are made in the PLC project, the PLC Proxy must be manually updated. The process is easy (right click on the proxy, and select "Update"), but it is not automatic.

There is an FAQ posted with more info.
http://support.automation.siemens.com/SDW/view/en/73502293

For information the new V13 proxy feature does not work with all cpus.

For example it does not work with im151-8 pn/dp cpu. Will it ever work? I dont know i have been waiting for over 2 weeks for Siemens to tell me....

Hi Jesper
Could you not add a dummy PLC into your S7 and use that for your HMI work, then re-assign the connection to the IM151-8 after?

Hi Jesper
Could you not add a dummy PLC into your S7 and use that for your HMI work, then re-assign the connection to the IM151-8 after?
Yes, I could theoretically change the CPU to a compatible one, and then get symbol integration via the Proxy CPU.
But when I have to change to the real CPU, the connection will be lost. So it would be the same as working with the tag converter.
And it would be a bit of a cludge.
Not really satisfactory.

Jesper, OK. I don't like work arounds either. Lets hope Siemens resolve it

Very disappointed.:mad:

Me too hope i have been waiting for that feature.
So far the portal have been an endless road of disappointments for us

Hope they solve it soon but since this is just one of many bugs on their list for the portal its hard to tell how the prioritize this one.

All information they have given me so far is that issue has been forwarded to the development team