Simatic S7-PLCsim Symbols attaching for DB's

muthu_buddy

I am using the S7-PLCSim for siumlating my Step-7 program. I know that the symbol can be attached to the S7-PLCSim using Option>Attach symbols. But after attaching the symbols i can't able to view the Variable name declared inside the DB. Since i need to trigger or view the status of Variables inside the Datablock Can anybody help me how to view the Varible names of DB in S7-PLCSim?

I don't think you can do this - the symbol table contains symbolic references to the name of the DB, not the names of the individual declarations within the DB itself.

As mentioned it is not possible to connect the db.
I only use the PLC simulator to set inputs and check outputs. For the other data, like data blocks, I use a simple VAT table. Much easier.