SIMATIC WinCC Flexible & Comfort - difference?

Marc_U

Lifetime Supporting Member
Can anyone tell me what the difference is between these two SIMATIC WinCC programming software packages are?:

:- SIMATIC WinCC Flexible 2008 standard
:- SIMATIC WinCC Comfort v11 SP2

I am currently having to update some of our older software packages, and have come across licence for both these. I vaguely remember that there was a difference, but it was a long time ago.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Marc

Basically, WinCC Comfort is the new version of WinCC Flexible, but Integrated in TIA Portal instead of Simatic Manager. It handles the new Comfort panels as well as most of the older OP/MP panels.

FYI the current version of WinCC Comfort is V16.

WinCC Flexible standard = x77 panels. Old - phased out.
WinCC Comfort = Comfort panels. Relatively new - but going to be phased out in 2 years time. The current version is V16 so your V11 is quite old. Some Comfort panels are in a Gen 2 that is not supported by V11.
WinCC Unified = Unified panels. Just released - best avoided for now unless you like to be betatester.

It is a difficult choice what to do re upgrading. WinCC Comfort is going to enter phase-out just when it has reached a mature status.

edit: If you want to migrate a V11 program to V16 it is quite convoluted. You need to migtate to V13, and then to V14 (or V15 ? I dont remember exactly).
If you buy an upgrade to V16, the license will allow you to install all previous versions, but it is a real hassle with all these versions installed in parallel or in VMs.

Last edited: