SIMATIC Wincc Flexible Quirks and General Questions

Nick Birke

Ok so I am warming up to Siemens (I didn't say anything about liking it :rolleyes: )

After figuring out a way to do timing... for the most part, I have been working on an HMI in Wincc Flexible- using the windows runtime device.

Given that I am fairly green at this line of products I have been beating on this program quite a bit... at one point Wincc crashed, and I lost a bunch of stuff... I assumed it would save before compiling... but no.

A couple quirks... not showstoppers but things I want to know how to get rid of... I have a couple messages when I compile. Note there is only one screen...

... "No system function defined for job."

I don't have any jobs defined. I think I dabbled with making one at one point but I don't see it anywhere. I thought I had deleted it... this is probably an easy one and I just need to look harder... the next one...

... "No tag configured for object 'IO Field_5' in 'Screen_1'.

At one point an object with this name existed... then it did not... either I deleted it or it was lost... this is when the compiler first started throwing the warning... I have since put a new IO field on the screen that was assigned that name by the tool... and it does have a tag configured, and it works... the compiler still throws this warning.

Lastly... I currently have no tag with the name MD250... I think I did at one point and it was either lost in the crash or I deleted it... I don't remember... I can look at my tag table and it is not there. If I add it, the compiler throws an error....

... "Duplicate tag name md250 in project"

So these are all kind of the same thing... the compiler thinks there is stuff there that is not there... I am surprised the error about the IO field didn't go away when I actually created an object with that name... anyway... where is it getting this stuff from... is there some way... some file I can dig into and hack... to clean this project up?

PS... I realize this is plctalk.net ... but I figured HMI programming is all part of the same thing.