Simotion Scout "Copy Current Data to RAM"

Tomo453

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello,
I am new to Siemens' Simotion Scout software. I looked for a thread that might include this but...I have a CU320 and an existing project with all available axes. I would like to change a parameter online. I can edit the parameter and after choosing the target system I have some options "Copy Current Data to RAM" and "Copy RAM to ROM". Can I choose Copy Current to RAM to apply the changes to assess the edits, before copying to RAM to ROM?:confused:

Last edited:
When you change a parameter online, you are changing the value in RAM. When you are happy with the change, copy RAM to ROM so the change will be retained after the next power cycle.

When you change a parameter online, you are changing the value in RAM. When you are happy with the change, copy RAM to ROM so the change will be retained after the next power cycle.

Thank you very much. It would be difficult to tell with certainty if this particular change has been "taken" as the fault is intermittent.

What is the fault?

I have a "dirt roll" motor without encoder that gets a Simotion fault 7092(2) when commanded to fast ramp in any case that I have personally observed. The "dirt roll" feeds a metal strip from a coil into a crop shear. When loading a coil, when there is some load or tension, the fault does not occur. When the tail of the coil is cut free and chopped into pieces the motor will stall after the last cut when it is commanded to Fast Ramp (in order to eject the last short piece into the scrap bin) i.e. very little external load. It does not appear that the piece is being obstructed in any way as it shoots fairly rapidly from under the shear. The trouble shooting guide suggests decreasing p1596 "Field weakening controller integral-action time". I had at first increased this parameter by mistake and the fault kept coming. The original value was 50ms. I have now put this parameter at the minimum of 10ms and observing the results. I will also try increasing the "Motor Stalled Delay Tme" p2178[0] This is a nuisance fault as it interrupts a programmed sequence stopping upstream movement. This is also a "new" condition. The drive performed fine for 3 years.

There's an alarm A7092, but I don't see a F7092

Can you screenshot the alarms or alarm buffer?

Also- sounds like your working on the Sinamics side. Does this system have Simotion and Sinamics?

a7092.jpg

Last edited:
Probably a typo, I would guess F7902

Yes, my bad F07902 "Drive Motor Stalled". Too soon to be sure but there was no fault on a coil with p1596 set at 10ms. I put this parameter back to 50ms and increased the delay time and also there was no fault. The drive had been faulting on nearly every coil when the tail was cropped and chopped. I will check the fault archive tomorrow morning to see if the fault occurred during the off shifts. I looked at the configuration and the drive type is vector and the control type is Speed (encoderless). This makes it Open Loop. Changing P1596 was listed in the troubleshooting guide for closed loop control. This is why I went with changing the delay time.

Well
You said it has been working for years.
Logic tells me something has changed mechanically.
Bearing... load...
Setup a trace and see what the current and torque trends on a move?

I wouldn’t just start changing parameters
Just my take

Well
You said it has been working for years.
Logic tells me something has changed mechanically.
Bearing... load...
Setup a trace and see what the current and torque trends on a move?

I wouldn’t just start changing parameters
Just my take

The motor and drive perform fine when cropping the head of the coil though, and I find no mechanical issues. The brake only engages when this roll is contacted, a door is open and all drives hold their position. I will check for a dragging or maladjusted brake. It looks to occur only when the motor Fast Ramps. I will run a trace to track the torque, current and commanded RPM to verify and see what happens to the current and torque when the drive fast Ramps. The parameter change was a suggestion for the fault resolution in the Simotion Help, as it described, pretty closely, my situation.