Simple question got different answers from book and OMRON tech support

tm_0405

I have one OMRON CJ PLC with EIP21 card, another CJ PLC with ETN21 card. I want then talk to each other using FINS(RECV, SEND..). OMRON pdf file says they can, but local OMRON tech guy said they can't because they are different protocols. Who is correct?

I have one OMRON CJ PLC with EIP21 card, another CJ PLC with ETN21 card. I want then talk to each other using FINS(RECV, SEND..). OMRON pdf file says they can, but local OMRON tech guy said they can't because they are different protocols. Who is correct?

The pdf file! (y) I have a site with 2x CJ1's & a CJ2. The CJ2 has built in E/IP, 1x of the CJ's has a ETN21, whilst the other has a EIP/21. These all talk to each other, in each direction, with no issues, using SEND.

Your local guy is correct in that the cards are different protocols, but they both support FINS commands. The E/IP do not support socket services, whereas the ETN do.

Has your local guy seen the pdf file? đź“š

tm_0405

The sample I send you work even with EIP21 which can use as regular Ethernet card.Spend some time, learn how it suppose to work,read the PDF(like I did)
It work good in the last 3 year.
With 2 EIP it much easy,but you have only one.Do not give up it work.

Thanks both above?

I'll try it. I need to go to customer site to talk to their ETN21. Both my local OMRON guy and OMRON247 tech guy told me I should buy an ETN21, even though I have EIP21 already, while I said I just need FINS.
[FONT=&quot]'[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]Has [/FONT][FONT=&quot]your local guy seen the pdf file?' [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Good question, lostcontrol! By the way, is possible you can also send some samples for both side?

THX
[/FONT]