Simple Proworxs 32 question

Will going online with a modicon controller in Proworx 32 write to the controller? I have a backup of the program open and would like to go online with the controller but am not familiar with Proworks 32 and want to make certain that going online won't write to tbe controller or download to the controller incase what is running in the controller is different from what I have open. My background is Rockwell automation and some Unitypro. My concern is the highlighted portion of the text from the proworx 32 software manual. I just want to go online with a controller and read from the controller and have with no risk of Proworxs 32 writing to the controller

20210419_132105.jpg

I can't guarantee what happens under the hood, but I've gone online with Quantum PLCs many many times without issue, even without the up to date source file.

The only thing to be careful of is inadvertently making changes, i.e. scrolling over a ladder logic section and pressing a key or something like that. There's no confirmation, if you managed to enter a valid address or instruction it can be written to the controller.

I can't guarantee what happens under the hood, but I've gone online with Quantum PLCs many many times without issue, even without the up to date source file.

The only thing to be careful of is inadvertently making changes, i.e. scrolling over a ladder logic section and pressing a key or something like that. There's no confirmation, if you managed to enter a valid address or instruction it can be written to the controller.
Thank you. That's a good tip regarding the logic section.

I had the same problem. I didn’t realize you can just hack away at rungs in real time. I lost a piece of rung the first time I did it without even realizing it. I’m used to logix where you have to deliberately start rung edits.

I have another simple proworxs 32 question that eludes me when diging through the user and logic block manual. What is the little N and F next to an instruction? I am assuming this means forced but why both an N and F exist and how do I remove them?

Screenshot_20210422-144405_Gallery.jpg